- Telefoon:+31 20 59 88526
- Onderdeel:faculteit der bewegingswetenschappen (afdeling kinesi)
Eduardo is a PhD student at the Faculty of Human Movement Sciences – VU University, Amsterdam. He did his Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy (Kinesiology) at the Universidad Catolica del Maule, Chile (2000-2005) and Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education at the Universidad Santo Tomas, Chile (2008). In 2011 he obtained the degree of Master in Physiotherapy Research at The University of Melbourne, Australia supported by the Bicentennial scholarship, Chile (2009).
After bachelor graduation Eduardo worked as a clinician and clinical supervisor in the area of musculoskeletal rehabilitation (2006-2008). In 2009-2011 he worked as a researcher at the Rehabilitation Sciences Research Centre (RSRC), University of Melbourne and tutor at the RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
Currently Eduardo is a PhD fellow of the Joint Doctorate MOVEAGE (VU-Amsterdam, KU-Leuven and MMU-Manchester ), funded by the European Commission as part of the Erasmus Mundus Program. In his studies he is focusing in dynamic balance assessment and training in older adults based on centre of mass tracking performance under the supervision of Prof. Jaap van Dieen (MOVE-Amsterdam), Prof. Sabine Verschueren (KU-Leuven) and Dr. Mirjam Pijnappels (MOVE-Amsterdam) and in collaboration with MOTEK medical.
- Cofré, L. E., N. Lythgo, et al. (2011). “Aging modifies joint power and work when gait speeds are matched.” Gait & Posture 33(3): 484-489.
- Cofré LE, Lythgo ND. Ankle plantar-flexor power in human gait. ISB 2011 Congress XXIII, Proceeding Abstract, Brussels, Belgium.
- Cofré LE, Lythgo ND. Speed Effect on Joint Powers in Aging Gait. ISB 2011 Congress XXIII, Proceeding Abstract, Brussels, Belgium.
- Cofré LE, Lythgo N, Morgan D, Galea M(2010). Aging alters joint power generation across a range of gait speeds in healthy elderly. In 6th World Congress of Biomechanics(WCB 2010). August 1-6, 2010Singapore, C.T. Lim and J.C.H. Goh, Editors. 2010, SpringerBerlinHeidelberg. p. 301-304, ISBN 978-642-14514-8. IFMBE Proceedings, 2010, Volume 31, Part 1, 301-304, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-14515-5_78
2010 3rd Prize for Student Poster Presentations, 6th World Congress on Biomechanics 2010. Aging Alters Joint Power Generation across a Rangeof GaitSpeeds in Healthy Elderly, L. E.Cofré,N. Lythgo, D. Morgan and M. Galea